Despite or maybe especially because of our time of perfect, high-tech productions for the screen, the fascination and need for life Theatre is eminent.
Nothing can replace the intimacy between performer and audience and the medium of the Puppet as the communicational link between them. Something extraordinary seems to take place in a successful Puppet Theatre.
The audience, being initially aware of the fact that the actors are ”only” puppets, seem to sign under a silent agreement, stating: ”We believe”. Thus they actively contribute to the process of bringing those puppets to life.
And when we feel that these fragile figures, attached to silken threads, have a heartbeat of their own – that they are able to express our deepest emotions, joys, and fears – then we experience the true magic of Puppet Theatre.
Our Own Productions:
Other Theatre Productions
- Vancouver Opera – The Magic Flute
- The Icelandic Opera – The Magic Flute
- The International Theatre of Iceland – Ballið á Bessastöðum
- The International Theatre of Iceland – The Pillow Man
- The International Theatre of Iceland – Fools and Princesses
- The Reykjavik City Theatre – Ronja The Robber´s daughter
- The Theatre of Akureyri – Little Shop of Horrors