Worlds of Puppets is about the art of puppetry. In addition, we offer courses that take place online, some are free of charge, and others have to be paid for.
Information about us
Formal name of the company: Worlds of Puppets
Postal Information: Worlds of Puppets, At The National Theatre of Iceland, Hverfisgata 19, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
It is very important that the information you provide is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if there is a change in your personal information (how we can contact you) by sending an email to email@example.com or by updating your information by selecting the option at the bottom of our emails. By having updated information, you can be certain that you will always receive the information we send you via email.
2. What personal information do we process and for whom?
We work with various types of personal information in connection with our activities. For example; names, addresses, emails, and other contact information.
We may store the following types of personal information related to you:
- Contact information, this applies to all communications you send us, whether it is: through our website (www.worldsofpuppets.com and other sub-pages linked to these websites), e-mail, our course site, social media messages, or other operating systems through which you choose to send us a message. We store the information regarding your relationship with us so that we can contact you again and identify with you, to maintain good governance and to meet legal requirements. The purpose of collecting information is, therefore; contacting you, being able to identify you and respond to any queries you send to us, keeping our records up to date, and establishing, retrieving, or defending against legal requirements.
- Customer information applies to all information related to all your purchases of goods and/or services, such as your name, title, address, email address, etc. We store this information to provide you with the products or services you have requested from us and also to have all business records documented. The purpose of collecting customer information, therefore, is to control the details of business agreements between you and us and/or to begin the process of your request. In addition, the purpose is to have our files updated, and to establish, retrieve, or defend against legal requirements.
- User information includes information about you that you see on our website and on any of the online services connected to us and also any information you post on our website or through our online services. We process this information to improve our websites and users’ experience, as well as to ensure the security of the websites that are linked to us, to maintain a backup of our websites, and other online services and business areas, as well as social media. The purpose of retaining this user information is to enable us to manage, refine, and update our site and also to monitor whether or not everything is covered, both in terms of security and usage. In addition, the purpose is to have our files updated, and to establish, retrieve, or defend against legal requirements.
- Technical information includes all information about the equipment with which you connect with us and derived data from that connection – all information related to your use of our web pages and other Internet-related services, such as IP addresses, operating system version, operations performed, your login information, the length of your visit, what pages you visit and how you travel the web, how often you use our web site, what time zone you are in and what other technologies you use to access our web site, as well as other online services. We get this information in hand from the font compression systems we use. We store this information in order to analyze the use of the site, social media, and other related internet services to manage and protect our business, website, and other media / other online services and also social media. Similarly, this information is used to refine your experience of our sites and to produce relevant content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of the content. The purpose of retaining this information is to enable us to properly manage our websites, and other web-based services, social media, our business and to help our business grow and simultaneously help us develop our marketing strategy. In addition, the purpose of the collection of technical information is to have our records updated and to establish, apply, or defend against legal requirements. Similarly, this information is used to refine your experience of our sites and to produce relevant content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of the content.
- Information related to marketing includes the information you choose to receive by configuring what you would like to see from content related to Worlds of Puppets marketing and from possibly a third party who is related to us and how we may contact you. We store this data to enable you to participate in any promotional activity we offer, for example, competitions and/or games where prize draws and when we provide access to a service or product. We use marketing to notify you of services, products and offers that we think you might be interested in, while at the same time we measure the success of your marketing. We may use the personal information we store about you to determine which products, services or offers you may be interested in. You can contact us at any time and request that we stop using your personal information in this way. The purpose of collecting this information is to get to know how users use our products and services and also to develop our business and marketing plan. We use the personal information we collect to refine the content on our websites, social media, and other web-related sites, as well as to create ads for customers and users on social media Facebook and Instagram, as well as Google, to measure and understand the impact of the marketing we use. We may also use this information to submit other content related to our marketing policy related to the products/services we believe may be of interest to you.
- We strive not to collect sensitive personal information. Some personal information is classified as sensitive in the Privacy Act. Sensitive information is, for example, information that indicates details such as race, ethnicity/religion, religion or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political beliefs, trade union membership, genetic information, biodiversity information, and health information. However, if people send us information that could be classified as sensitive personal information directly, we will not be able to delete it altogether. However, we strive to ensure the security of this information, as we do with all the information we hold.
In cases where we are legally required to collect personal information, or under an agreement between us and you and you do not provide us with the information requested, we are not required to abide by the agreement, (for example, deliver a product or service to you). If you do not provide us with the necessary information, we may need to stop providing you with the product/service you have ordered, but if that happens, we will let you know.
We will only use the personal information we hold about you, if necessary. If we need to use your information provided for new unrelated purposes, we will notify you and explain the legal basis for that process. Information about Worlds of Puppets users can come directly from the user himself or from a third party.
We may process your personal information without you knowing it or agreeing to it when legally necessary or permissible.
3. How do we handle personal information?
4. Communication and marketing
One of the reasons we collect personal information is to contact you with marketing in mind. The use of personal information for this purpose can only take place if your consent is available or legitimate interests exist. We collect information related to the service/product that we think you might be interested in. Of course, you can always update your settings and request that we, or a third party, stop sending you advertising messages, or that we stop using the personal information we have collected about you for this purpose. You can either follow the link at the bottom of all our emails, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, you can do so at any time.
If you choose that we may not send you an advertising message, it will not affect the personal information you provide to us in connection with other business transactions, for example, when purchasing a product/service, when making orders, etc.
5. Delivery of personal information
We may need to share personal information about you with the following parties:
- Businesses and service providers that provide us with computer systems or system administrators related to the computer systems we use to service our websites and customers.
- Employment consultants, including lawyers, bankers, accountants, and insurance companies.
- Public bodies who request that we provide information about our communication.
- Third parties such as, for example, copywriters, service providers, and virtual assistants.
- Third parties who move, or link together, parts of systems linked to our sites.
We require that all third parties with whom we work comply with the same security rules as we do when dealing with personal information from our customers and that they follow our instructions.
6. Moving beyond the European Economic Area
Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always offer the same security plan when it comes to the security of personal information. Our third-party partners, such as Google, a partner providing us with search engine information and Facebook advertising systems, and other providers of technical solutions as well as payment and service providers, are located outside the European Economic Area. We do not guarantee the dissemination of personal information outside the European Economic Area except in accordance with applicable law, such as on the basis of standard contract terms, consent, or advertising of the Data Protection Authority of a state that provides personal data with adequate protection.
7. Data security
8. Retention period
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary for their purpose. The retention period may vary, depending on the nature of the information and legal obligation, for example in accordance with the Accounting and Taxation Act.
Under special circumstances, we may make your information unrecognizable for further or statistical purposes. In that case, we may use this information indefinitely and without specific notice.
9. Your rights
Individuals have the right to know whether we process personal information about them or not and what personal information we store. According to the Privacy Act, you have various rights in connection with all the information that is related to you personally. For example, you have the right to access the information, correct incorrect personal information, delete your personal information, restrict the processing of the information, and transfer your personal information to you or a third party. You also have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal information. However, it should be borne in mind that in some cases this right may be limited for some reason. We cannot erase the data we are legally obligated to preserve. If we can’t delete the data you want us to delete, we’ll let you know.
If a person has given permission to process personal information, they can withdraw the license at any time. Withdrawal of a license has no effect on what was collected before the license was revoked. It should be noted that in some cases it may be difficult to provide the same service if the license is revoked.
If you wish to exercise this right and withdraw your consent or exercise any of the rights mentioned above, we ask you to send an email to email@example.com.
You may access your personal information free of charge, including using any of the other rights mentioned above. However, we may charge a fair fee if your claim is obviously not based on a sound basis or we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
The condition that a consent revocation request is processed is that you can prove your identity. We may ask for certain information to verify your identity before you access your personal information (or to exercise any other right mentioned above). This security step is important to ensure that your personal information is not shared with any person who does not have the right to receive this information. We may contact you to ask you for further information regarding your request and to expedite the process.
We are committed to responding to all legitimate inquiries within a month of receiving your inquiry. In some cases, it may take longer for us to respond if the query is particularly complex or if you have more than one query for us. If that is the case, we will let you know.
If you are in any way at odds with how we collect and process the data, you have the full right to complain to Data Protection. It is the Data Protection Authority that oversees the implementation of the Privacy Act and the processing of personal data.
You can also read more about these rights here: https://www.eugdpr.org/
We are looking forward to you contacting us before contacting the Data Protection Authority to file a complaint. We would like to try to resolve the issues for you before proceeding.
10. Third-party links
12. When you pay for a service or product on Worlds of Puppets’ websites
When you shop at the online store, for example when you pay for a course, we collect personal information about your name, address, town, postal code, and email address. This information is only used to complete the order.
Your credit card information is only stored with us at the time of the transaction. The card companies store your card information in their secure systems, but not on the payment page itself. All information about your card will be deleted from the system as soon as the order is confirmed and you will receive a confirmation of the transaction.
Last updated January 7, 2023